NetSmartz offers free, multimedia Internet safety presentations tailored for specific audiences — parents and communities, tweens, teens, and younger children. Our innovative presentations utilize the latest statistics, online resources, videos, and expert tips to educate, engage, and empower children and adults to be safer on- and offline.
New Presentations for Grades K-5
Use this new, completely redesigned presentation to share the 4 Rules of Internet Safety with younger audiences. This 30 minute presentation includes
- Easy to remember safety rules presented visually and rehearsed chorally.
- Updated visuals and content provide for a more developmentally appropriate examination of modern internet use and safety.
- Clear, concise guidelines for safer Internet use.
- Relevant, non-threatening examples of online safety questions.
Grades K-2 Presentations
Grades 3-5 Presentations
Teach Younger Children Expires: 12/31/2016
The Router's Birthday Surprise presentation will remain available for download until December 31, 2016, after which you can continue to access RBS as a standalone video or interactive activity at www.NetSmartzkids.org.
Use Router’s Birthday Surprise as a presentation to cover Internet safety only (35 minutes) or Internet and real-world safety (45 minutes) with students in grades K-5. The presentations include
- Easy-to-remember safety rules
- Age-appropriate explanations of online and/or personal safety risks
- Animated video combined with engaging presenter’s dialogue
Encourage Tweens Updated 8/2015
This 40-minute PowerPoint presentation for tweens contains
- Animated videos
- Age-appropriate tips
- Suggested breakout activities
Engage Teens Updated 8/2015
This 40-minute PowerPoint presentation for teens contains
- Documentary-style videos
- Practical advice
- Candid, thought-provoking discussions
Educate Parents & Communities Updated 8/2015
This 45-minute PowerPoint presentation for parents and guardians of children ages 5-17 includes
- Facts of online risks
- Statistics, videos, and other resources
- Tips for keeping children safer online
Which format is right for me?
Windows PowerPoint File (Editable)
Choose this version if you use a PC and want the option to move or delete slides in the presentation. This version requires that you have PowerPoint previously installed on your computer. (Note: Not compatible with PowerPoint 2007 or older.)
Mac PowerPoint File (Editable)
Choose this version if you are using a Mac and want the option to move or delete slides in the presentation. This version requires that you have PowerPoint previously installed on your computer. (Note: Not compatible with Keynote or PowerPoint for Mac 2008 or older.)
Standalone Executable File (Non-Editable)
Recommended if you do not have PowerPoint on your computer. This download includes versions for Mac or PC. This version cannot be edited.